All HATDS in-person events remain suspended until further notice.
HATDS Calendar of Events
Click on the name of the event for more details.
Other Regular Dances in Texas
All dance schedules are subject to change, so be sure to check the sponsoring group's website before heading out for a dance.
- Contra dances every Wednesday and 3rd Saturdays;
ECD every Monday and most Sundays. Website
- Bryan/College Station
- Contra dances on 1st Saturdays. Website
- Contra on 1st and 3rd Saturdays, 2nd Saturday quarterly;
ECD on 4th Saturdays. Website
- Houston Spring Branch
- Older English, French, and Italian dances on 2nd and 4th Thursdays. Sponsored by the SCA. Email
- Contra; check their website or Facebook page for dance dates. Website | Facebook
- San Antonio
- Contra dances on 2nd Saturdays. Website
ECD every 1st Saturday. Facebook, Email
- San Marcos
- Contra; usually on the 4th Sunday in the afternoon. Website
See Ted Crane's National Dance Database or Charlie Seelig's contra dance links for dances held in other parts of the country. These sites are not always accurate so be sure to call or email before attending an out-of-state dance.
Texas and Oklahoma Dance Festivals
- Flamingo Fling is Oklahoma's weekend of contra dance. It now takes place at the end of January.
- Houston starts off the Texas weekends with Bayou Bedlam, usually on the 2nd weekend of February.
- Set for Spring, featuring English Country Dancing, is an annual event that normally rotates between four cities. It is usually held in March or April.
- When in Doubt, Swing! is the Dallas contra dance weekend.
- Fire Ant Frolic is Austin's popular dance festival that takes place near Halloween every year.
- The year ends with Fiddler's Dream, the dream-come-true of Dallas fiddler Mimi Rogers. Fiddler's Dream takes place between Christmas and New Year's Day at Lake Texoma near the Oklahoma-Texas border.
For other festivals around the country, see the lists maintained by the Country Dance and Song Society and Charlie Seelig (linked below).
There are shortcuts to happiness, and dancing is one of them. ~ Vicki Baum