Why Sign Up Online
HATDS is using SignUp Genius to schedule specific volunteer jobs at the dances.
With SignUp Genius you can
- See who has signed up so far and what's available
- Sign up 24/7 at your convenience from home
- Add your dates to your computer calendar or phone
- Add/edit/swap your responsibility easily if plans change
- Get email or text reminders or view your personal calendar
- Assure that the contra dances continue to happen
How to Use SignUp Genius
Follow one of the links at the bottom to the HATDS signup page (choose the mobile or desktop site). Find the date and the job you'd like to sign up for, put a check mark next to that job, and click Submit.
The only thing that you must enter when you sign up is your name, but even then you don't have to enter your full name. Just don't use an alias; we need to know who you are. So if your name is Jane Doe, you could enter J Doe, Jane D, or Jane Doe.
You do not have to enter your email, although if you do SignUp Genius will send you a reminder a couple of days before the dance.
You do not have to create an account with SignUp Genius to use it. In fact, we suggest that you don't create an account!
When you are done, your name will be listed for the task and date you chose. It's simple!