All public HATDS in-person events remain suspended.
About Member Texts
Terms of Service
HATDS sends texts only to members who have opted-in to the service. You must annually renew your HATDS membership in order to continue to receive member texts.
The phone number that you use for member texts must be a number listed in your current membership record.
You can unsubscribe anytime by following the link in each text message or by going directly to the unsubscribe page.
You will be automatically unsubscribed, usually in early October, if you do not renew your HATDS membership in August or September.
Also, a phone number may be unsubscribed if it is not in your current membership record. This might happen if
- you enter one number through the online subscription page and a different number in the membership form.
- you list one number on the membership form one year and a different number in another year.
To change the phone number we send texts to, either resubscribe with the number you entered into the membership form or email our membership coordinator and ask to have the number in our membership database changed to the one you want texts sent to. Once the membership database is updated, you may then resubscribe to member texts.
Not your normal texts
HATDS texts do not originate as texts, but as emails.
- We send an email to a gateway service. They convert it to SMS and send it to you.
- You can reply to a text to contact the Board of Directors. Your text will be delivered to the Board as an email.
- The Board will see only your phone number and not your name in the email they receive, so please identify yourself in your message.
- HATDS texts are plain text only. The inclusion of photos, videos, and even graphical emojis may cause the message to be ignored by the gateway service.
Subscribe to Member Texts
Unsubscribe from Texts