Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you gender balance?
- No. If gender balance matters to you, know that we have about twice as many women registered as men.
- Is alcohol allowed at the hall?
- What about smoking?
- There is no smoking in the hall or within 25 feet of the entrance.
- Where is the dance hall?
- You'll find information about the weekend hall and the Thursday night hall, as well as Houston's airports, on the locations page.
- Are there motels that you recommend or have negotiated a group rate with?
No, although there is information and links on the lodging page that will help you find a hotel or Airbnb in the nearby zip codes.
- Do you offer home hospitality?
- We offer hospitality to full time registrants on a first-come, first-served basis. See the lodging page for details.
- If I register and then can't come, can I get a refund?
- See our refund policy on the registration overview page.
- May I attend if I've never done English country dance?
- Set for Spring is not intended for beginners; mastery of common ECD figures is expected. For the enjoyment of everyone in attendance we ask that you dance regularly with your local ECD group before coming to Set for Spring.
- What do you mean by “fragrance free”?
- Please see our Why Fragrance Free? page on the HATDS website.